There are one solid reason why you should date any woman you like and that is – you are straight, you like her, you want her. That’s well and understood. However, there are a few reasons why you should NOT date that girl, and I urge you to read through carefully and consider your options.
1. There is a feature or two that you like, but overall she’s not your cup of tea. DON’T DO IT. Those features get easily lost in a day to day life. Trust me, you are going to annoy each other to hell and back, so if you don’t absolutely love everything about that person – don’t date her.
2. She’s a gold digger. This should be a no-brainer, but some guys do indeed loose their brains somewhere around their ass. Unless you print money in your basement, no matter how much you are making there will never be enough. True, you are making money so that most of it would be spend on girls or by girls, but please be a man, not an ATM.
3. She has a busy social life. Everyone needs to party from time to time, there is nothing wrong with that. But if whenever you call her, you find her partying it means that either you don’t call too often or she parties too much. Do you want to date a girl who’s only objective in life is to go to as many parties as possible?
4. She has busy family life. No doubt about it, if she helps her older parents that deserves a highest respect. However, if taking her out on a date becomes a problem because she needs to do this and that around the house or needs to run errands for her cousin – maybe you should be looking for a date elsewhere.
5. She is a busy working bee. Career is important, building it is hard. Some people do indeed work 24×7, but it doesn’t mean you don’t get to enjoy personal life. We are not talking about ideal balance, but balance is what you should be looking for. If she pays more attention to her Blackberry than to anything you had to say throughout the whole evening – wish her good luck and search again.
6. She has those “special” friends. It doesn’t mean you have to strip her of her friendships with other people, not at all. But again, there has to be some balance between what she does and with whom. When you are just starting – there isn’t much you could or should do about that, but when your relationship is already well underway special friends (who take priority over you) aren’t a good sign. You will just have to figure it out if they are rooting against you or if you have good relationships with them too, as they may have their own agenda: for all you know they may be working hard not to lose their benefits.
7. She has substance issues. You are not going to believe it, but there is a big number of people who actually think they can save someone by having a relationship with that person. Once in a blue moon it may help – and that is when you might read it all over the news. Here’s an example that I think perfectly illustrates it. Imagine you are standing on a table, near the edge. Imagine another person (who you are trying to save and bring to your level) is standing next to you on the floor. How hard would it be to pull that person up onto the table? How hard would it be for that person to bring you down? See what I mean?
8. She is a known cheater. Sorry, no matter how many times she is saying that she loves you, if she is not happy with something – she will cheat again and again. If you plan on having an open relationship – that’s fine, but if you want to have a foundation for a family – I doubt this will be acceptable.
9. She has attention issues. This is sort of two-in one point, so bear with me. If she thinks she doesn’t get enough attention from you and other people – she will go to great lengths to attract it. Dressing provocatively and following up on such provocations is the bare minimum of what you should expect. Alternatively, if she does not give you enough attention (whatever the reasons are), it usually means that on her scale of importance of things, you are somewhere between her pet and a mail man. Of course, you know all the stories about the mail man, but have you seen any of them ending with “they lived happily ever after“?